While the regular industry works to force the helicopters to fly faster (tiltrotors based on helicopter tech), Jetcopter is engineering to make a very fast and efficient turboprops to become to the VTOLs.
The helicopters tech vs the airplane tech.
Jetcopter will trade payload for the speed -, less payload, but much higher speed.
We expect the defence VTOLs to split into 2 directions:
1. Smaller, very fast, very maneuverable VTOL reconnaissance, fighter, recovery (tiltrotors).
2. Large, slow heavy weight VTOL transporters (copters like CH-47).
The first will penetrate the red zones at high speed and very low altitudes, will secure areas for the arriving of seconds with heavy armament.
Low operational or flying cost are critical requirements for tiltrotors.
Recent $63000/h for V22 and $23000/h for V280 costs are out budget even for NATO.
NATO requirement for next gen rotorcraft flying costs must not exceed $10000/h
To engineer much more efficient tiltrotor with much lower flight costs you must either to eliminate, either to improve complex, heavy and very expensive components:
1. Swash plates system.
2. Cross shafts + gearboxes for OEI.
3. Tilting mechanics.
4. Hydraulic system.
But how to do that ?
Jetcopter engineering solutions:
* Turboprops instead turboshafts.
* Free tilting + pitch control + x instead of coupled engines with collective /cyclic controls.
* Props instead rotors.
* Electric instead hydraulic.
* OEI stabilization instead of cross shafts with several gearboxes.
* Aerodynamic prop tilting system instead of hydraulic.
As the outcome Jetcopter will have 12+1 seater VTOL with empty weight less than 4 tons or 8800 lb. When aircraft can drop 4 tons from your on board 8 tons you can become a damn efficient.
Below Jetcopters rotor tilting way patent application. We engineered the innovative rotor tilting system, Jetcopter rotor tilting system will be less complex, less heavy, less expensive = much more efficient.